Do you have a major sweet tooth? Or maybe a major salt tooth? Well don’t worry, we feel you! I used to be more of a salty chips person and Elyse was all about chocolate. Elyse has since converted me and we love finding healthy ways to incorporate chocolate and ice cream. Yes, ice cream!
If you are a member of our nutrition plan, we actually made sure to give you plenty of refreshing desserts that can be whipped up in minutes (have you tried the chocolate ice cream mousse yet??), but we know that sometimes a sweet tooth can just take over, and you need something quick! Below we are sharing some of our favorite ways to get our sweet tooth fix when we don’t feel like making anything.
Featured from the video:
1. Popcorn! Get different flavoring ideas and recipes here.
2. Minute chocolate cake recipe here. This is great when you are craving something fudge-like. If you are vegan or want to omit the egg, just make 1 flax egg by mixing together 1 tablespoon of flax meal with 3 tablespoons of water. Let sit for a few minutes to form a paste-like consistency, and then add in with the rest of the ingredients.
3. Handful of almonds – approx. 1/4 cup (or your favorite nut of choice) with a handful of dark chocolate chips. We actually have been using Enjoy Life vegan chips (this is just the brand in our store, but there are others). They are dairy, nut, and soy free, and honestly have the same great taste! We truly did not notice a difference when we first started using them.
4. Dried fruit. Make sure to buy fruit with little to no added sugars because they can then end up being too sugary. Our personal favorites are dried mango and papaya, but go for your favorite fruits. You can also mix in a handful of dried fruit with the almonds and chocolate chips!
5. Fondue. Make your own quick little fondue by melting a 1/4 cup of dark chocolate (again, we used the Enjoy Life vegan chips) and dipping in some fresh fruit. This is definitely a great date night idea… Oh, and once the camera stopped rolling, we ended up dipping pieces of the dried papaya into the melted chocolate. Definitely another great treat!
6. Ice cream. Slice and freeze 1 banana and then toss in a food processor to whip up. Eat as is or top with a few chocolate chips, a little peanut butter, nuts, fruit, etc. Just keep your toppings clean and to 1-2 tablespoons.
Remember, we have plenty of no-bake and easy dessert recipes on the site here and in the nutrition plan, but use these tips for when those cravings kick in and you need a quick treat.Do you have any favorite quick fixes?