Happy Groundhog Day! In honor of today, we are sharing our top tips to help you get motivated in the morning to workout, rather than pulling a Bill Murray.
When it comes to waking up in the morning, we are human, and just like you, we have to motivate ourselves to get up and get in a workout. Some mornings are easier than others, but there have been plenty of times where we have hit that snooze button or said “let’s just work out later…” But guess what? We usually didn’t work out later. As a result, we make sure to not make excuses in the morning and do what we can to get motivated! Here are our top tips and tricks that we use:
1. Don’t hit snooze. This may seem like an obvious one, but it’s tough not to do! Try your hardest and make a deal with yourself that you will not hit snooze!
2. Place your alarm out of arm’s reach. That way you cannot hit snooze without getting up!
3. Set your alarm to motivating music. Wake up to your favorite song to get you motivated, rather than having a standard, more annoying, alarm sound. Or maybe setting your phone to the fire drill sound scares the crap out of you and does the trick!
4. Set your coffee pot timer to go off a few minutes before your alarm. Waking up to the smell of coffee always motivates us coffee fanatics!
5. Have your Fairburn Fuel or a glass of water next to your bed to drink when you wake up. Drinking your Fairburn Fuel in the morning not only helps to kickstart your metabolism, but it also helps to refresh and hydrate you, helping you to wake up. Fairburn Fuel is a part of the Lifetime Guide – visit here for more.
6. Commit to 10 minutes of exercise. Whether it’s going for a run or simply doing some yoga, tell yourself you will do at least 10 minutes of work, and you will most likely end up adding on more time! We ALWAYS play this mind game with ourselves, especially when going for a run! Of course, sometimes we know that there are mornings where you really do not want to move. On those days, try to do at least 10 minutes of yoga and stretching to help wake you up and keep you on track.
7. Create a morning routine and stick with it! This is our personal favorite. We write down what we want to accomplish for workouts and goals that week, and it helps us to wake up and get them done! Plus, we know that we have a pot of coffee and the morning news waiting!
Bonus: Get a good nights sleep! If you feel rested and refreshed, than you will want to get up and workout! Read our article here on tips for a good night’s sleep.
What ways do you help yourself to get motivated in the morning? Share below – we love to see your tricks!